Forget The Cranberry Sauce? These Massachusetts Grocery Stores Are Open For Your Last-Minute Thanksgiving Shopping
Thanksgiving is this week and while most of us will be spending quality time with family and friends, there are still a good portion of us who may still need to run last minute errands. The only bad thing about having to run errands on Thanksgiving is, many of our favorite stores will not be open. So which ones will you be able to grab your last minute snacks, cranberry sauce, stuffing mix, pies, liquor and maybe even more important items like the TURKEY? Keep reading and we’ll let you know.
Before we let you know which stores will be open on Thanksgiving and when, here are the ones that will definitely be closed: Trader Joe’s, Aldi, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco, Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart and Market Basket.
The stores that will definitely be open on Thanksgiving include:
- Cumberland Farms: Locations will operate on their regular 24-hour schedule
- Hannaford: Select locations will open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., but pharmacies will be closed.
- Rite Aid: Most stores will be open during regular hours.
- Shaw’s: Many locations will be open but may have limited hours.
- Save A Lot: Stores will be open, but hours may vary by location.
- Star Market: Many locations will close by 2 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Stores will be open during regular hours.
- Wegmans: Stores generally will be open until 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods: Stores will be open but with modified hours
Unfortunately, for people here in New England who love Market Basket, that store will be closed in all of their locations on Thanksgiving. But when you do decide to head back to your favorite Market Basket location, consider these “Dos and Donts.” Happy Thanksgiving everyone!