Apps are everywhere. Apple has a reported 1.76 million of them in their App Store, and Google Play has even more with 2.65 million apps. Want to learn a new language? Find a new Thai restaurant? Budget to save more money? There’s an app for that.
In the Apple App Store, the most popular categories are: Games, Business, and Education. In the Google Play Store, Games is #1 as well, with Education in 2nd, and Business #3.
Some other fun facts about apps from Business of Apps:
- A whopping 96% of respondents said they spent 13 hours a week engaging with social media and video-sharing apps such as Instagram and TikTok.
- Two in five US adults are now using health apps. That’s up 6 percentage points since 2018.
- TikTok was the most downloaded app globally in 2022, with 672 million downloads.
- Free apps make up 94.1% of the Apple Store
- Free apps make up 96.7% of the Google Play Store
I don’t know about you, but I have A LOT of apps on my phone – 136 to be exact. Apparently that’s well above the average person. According to SimForm “an average person has 40 apps installed on his phone. Out of that 40 apps, 89% of the time is split between 18 apps. This means, more than half of those apps remain unused.”
We all have our favorites, and the GetUp Crew is no exception. Here, we share our favorites to upgrade your life.