CLAUS-trophobic Photo Contest
It’s the most magical time of the year! The kids all dressed up for a visit with Santa, they get on his lap and then… the screaming, the crying, the horror. Well, that terrified picture might be worth some holiday cheer!
ROCK 92.9 wants to see flashbacks of you or your child’s BEST ‘Scared of Santa’ photos! We know you’ve got them so send them our way! The more crying, yelling, and traumatizing the better. Submit them to our photo gallery below!
The funniest pictures will compete bracket-style until the one with the most votes wins a $200 Amazon Gift Card!
Happy Ho Ho Holidays from ROCK 92.9!
Check out last year’s CLAUS-trophobic photo submissions below!
CLAUS-trophobic 2020 Photo Submissions
WBOS-FM PHOTO CONTEST
Claustro-phobic Photo Contest
Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to the Claustro-phobic Photo Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WBOS-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.ROCK969Rocks.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, November 22, 2021 and end on Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
- Each Photo submitted may feature only the pet and the entrant. Photos must be in gif, jpeg, jpg, or png and may not be larger than 500 MB. Entrants must fill in all required fields, including name, email, phone number and date of birth in the online entry form. Obscene, provocative, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of the Station. A child may only be entered a maximum of one (1) time.
- Each Photo submitted may feature only Santa and Child and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by any laws, or materials that may otherwise infringe on the rights of a third party. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that professional photographs (i.e., photographs taken by a photographer who was paid to take such photographs) are not eligible unless the entrant has rights to post that Photo. The Photo may not invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. The Station shall have the right to disqualify any entrant if it determines that the Photo contains copyrighted material or material that infringes on the rights of another; indecent or otherwise offensive material such as violence or drug abuse; or if such Photo contains material that is deemed to be unsuitable for a public audience. The Station’s determinations with respect to all such matters shall be made in its sole discretion and shall be final. Photos that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Contest. By submitting a Photo, all entrants agree that they have permission to post the Photo and grant Station permission to post their Photo on www.rock929rocks.com for promotional purposes.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) winner selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older and own or foster a pet as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility. Station may require winner to provide proof of pet ownership or foster care upon request.
Up to one (1) Prize will be awarded in the Contest. The Prize consists of two hundred dollars ($200) issued in the form of an Amazon gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $200. No gift card will be awarded or mailed until winner has claimed the prize, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed as described by the Station at the time of winning. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to one (1) winner will be selected via a bracket-style voting process on the designated Contest website at rock929rocks.com as follows:
- Round 1 – All eligible Photos submitted during the Online Entry Period will be posted on the Contest website for voting beginning on Monday, December 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM ET and ending on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 12:00PM ET. The thirty-two (32) Photos with highest votes will advance to Round 2. In the case that thirty-two (32) Photo entries are not submitted, the next highest of the following numbers of Photo entries submitted will be used for the bracket voting portion of this Contest as described below: four (4), eight (8), or sixteen (16).
- Round 2 – thirty-two (32) Photos: will begin on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 4:00PM ET and end on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 9:59AM ET. In each matchup, the Photo with highest votes will advance to Round 3.
- Round 3 – sixteen (16) Photos: will begin on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 10:00AM ET and end on Friday, December 10, 2021 at 9:59AM ET. In each matchup, the Photo with highest votes will advance to Round 4.
- Round 4 – eight (8) Photos: will begin on Friday, December 10, 2021 at 10:00AM and end on Monday, December 13, 2021 at 9:59AM ET. In each matchup, the Photo with highest votes will advance to Round 5.
- Round 5 – four (4) Photos: will begin on Monday, December 13, 2021 at 10:00AM ET and end on Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 9:59AM ET. In each matchup, the Photo with highest votes will advance to Round 6.
- Round 6 – two (2) Photos: will begin on Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 10:00AM and end on Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:59PM ET. The Photo with the highest number of votes once Round 6 has concluded will be deemed the Prize winner, upon confirmation of eligibility. Potential Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email on or around Thursday, December 16, 2021.
- In the case of a tie or if any voting portion of the Contest cannot be administered by the Station due to any reason(s) beyond the Station’s control, including but not limited to a technical glitch, the Station reserves the right to select the Photo(s) advancing to the next round, or winner if applicable, in a Station-conducted random drawing from those Photos that were tied.
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
- Voting is limited to once per person per day in Round 1. Voting in Rounds 2-6 is limited to once per person per matchup per round.
- Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
- Winner must confirm acceptance of prize within twenty-four (24) hours of winning, or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate winner (time permitting) from the Photo entrant who was deemed the runner-up.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at rock929rocks.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.