Andrew Garfield Has ‘No Plans’ To Play Spider-Man Again
Fans advocated for Andrew Garfield getting his third installment of The Amazing Spider-Man after his appearance in Spider-Man: Far From Home. But the actor said he has “no plans” to play the web-slinging superhero again.
After recently reprising his role alongside his predecessor Tobey Maguire and successor Tom Holland, it looks like he’s hanging up the costume for good. Speaking to Variety at the SAG Awards earlier this week (February 27), Garfield was asked if there could perhaps be another return to the iconic role on the cards.
“No plans, that’s the truth,” the tick, tick…BOOM! star said, although Garfield can’t exactly be trusted as he tried his best to fool fans of his involvement in the latest Spider-Man flick, which he’s admitted. “Everyone’s gonna call me a liar for the rest of my life,” he added jokingly. “I’m the boy who cried wolf.” And, of course, just because he said there were “no plans” for it last night, doesn’t mean that there aren’t any plans for it today.
Andrew Garfield says he has “no plans” to play Spider-Man again, but jokes that “everyone’s going to call me a liar for the rest of my life. I am the boy who cried wolf now.” https://t.co/IBvzOkUrxX | Variety On the Carpet presented by @DIRECTV pic.twitter.com/KRgTJw1Wr8— Variety (@Variety) February 28, 2022