After a short holiday break, I’m back to breaking down your Vote for the GOAT Top 5 lists and responding with my own. Today, it’s Def Leppard.
So far, I’ve made lists for Pearl Jam, Ozzy Osbourne, Foo Fighters, Mötley Crüe, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Green Day, and Guns N’ Roses. You can scroll through all those here. Scroll through your Def Leppard Top 5 below, then I’ll get into mine.
Vote for the GOAT – Def Leppard
4) Bringin’ On the Heartbreak
2) Rock of Ages
1) Pour Some Sugar On Me
That’s a damn fine list. Mine is, too.
5) Rocket – “Guitar! Drums!” Almost 35 years on, and my friends and I still call this one out. And it was the SEVENTH single from Hysteria!
4) Foolin’ – “F-F-F-F-Foolin’!” I guess I love the Def Leppard songs that are easiest to sing along with.
3) Rock Of Ages – Sure, “Pour Some Sugar On Me” is Def Leppard’s biggest hit. But I’d argue that “Rock Of Ages” is their signature song.
2) Bringin’ On The Heartbreak – Make mine the album version, please and thank you.
1) Hysteria – I ended up with back-to-back power ballads at the top of my list by design: Def Leppard are the masters.