Holidays are about making memories with family, friends, and the ones that mean the most to you. Here are 5 tips that can help you stay on track with your budget when shopping for them this season:
- Create a list
- Making a list will help you plan out who you need to purchase gifts for. You can also place a dollar amount next to each persons name to help you budget better.
- Be Proactive
- Don’t wait until the last minute to purchase all your gifts, you or your bank account won’t like that. By spreading out your buying, this will save you from overspending and from a stressful situation.
- Homemade Presents
- Making your own presents gives a more personal touch to the gift and also helps you save money. You might not be able to do this for everyone on your list, but your parents, grandparents, or significant other will enjoy a sentimental gift you make.
- Price Check
- The perfect gift might not be in your price range. Double check multiple stores to see if you can find the same product at a lower price. Most stores also have a price-match policy if you find a better deal else where.
- Track your spending
- Monitoring your accounts will help you stay on track with your holiday budget. By checking regularly, you will know how much you have spent and what wiggle room you have left. Look to see if your credit card offers cash back rewards or if the company offers any coupons.
Check out some affordable gifts under $30 on Amazon: